Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pleco setup updates




Hello folks,



Have been lacking an update for quite sometime as I was busy with work.

Anyway, I did a revamp of my 2.5ft pleco tank and partitioned it into two, as shown in the picture below.






There are some new changes to the tank but I have not yet taken a photo of it. Initially the left side was home to my pair of mature L201 and the right side was home to my 2 pairs of mature bristlenose (courtesy of ziw3i, fellow arofanatics.com friend & my neighbor).


I had a little surprise with my bristlenose after less than a week of setting up their home, 1 pair spawned! But sadly, none of the eggs made it pass day 2 after daddy pleco kicked the eggs out of the cave :(




I could count at least 90 eggs!












Well, let's just hope that these guys will mate again in time to come!


Right now, the left partition is holding the bristlenoses and the right side is home to 2 pairs of adult Hypancistrus sp. 'LOWER XINGU'.


Will update more in time to come!















No comments:

Post a Comment