Sunday, October 23, 2011

Crenicichla cincta (Green Pike Cichlids)

Was scrolling through AQUAHOBBY's stock-list on Friday morning, and I googled this Pike Cichlid called Crenicichla cincta and what I saw amazed me! I've never seen a Pike Cichlid with such green sheen with an interesting pinkish red head!

Without hesitating, I messaged Daniel for the price and size. Was disappointed initially because I was told that the fishes were about 7". But soon I received another message that he still had another 10" piece and I immediately reserved it! haha!

Went down during the night to bag the fish, but wasn't able to tell the color of the fish due to the tannins in the holding tank. However, the color this fish displayed upon reaching my place astonished me! :)







I also noticed that my piece tend to only show it's vertical bars only after lights out!








Now, I'm a happy man!

Information

Size / Weight / Age
Max length : 19.5 cm (but according to other sources they are capable of growing to about 20")

Climate / Range
Tropical; 24°C - 27°C

Distribution
South America: Amazon River basin in Brazil, Peru, and Ecuador, from the Napo River to Marajó Island.

Credits to fishbase.org

AQUAHOBBY

Block 137, Potong Pasir Avenue 3, #01-144 S(350137)
Business hours : 12noon - 10pm. Closed every Monday.
Contact @ 83823646

No comments:

Post a Comment